Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Mr Glass Love New Zealand!

So all of a sudden I realized that all my new favorite music was from  New Zealand! Not just Flight of the Conchords. I already had been following two guys from New Zealand for the past decade; the first being Mark de Clive-Lowe who is from New Zealand but was transplanted to London (playing with the bugz in the Attic crew) when I found out about him and now resides in Los Angeles. Just picked up his new 7" with Rahel and Lady Alma! Recloose the detroit native transplanted to NZ was the second artist I had been following for years. About 5 years ago I found out about Fat Freddy's Drop, and I just saw them in concert in SF at the Independent last month, it was one of the best shows I have seen ever. They sold out three shows in SF that week, so if you find out they are coming get tickets at once. Last year my man Sleepy Wilson  turned me on to Electric Wire Hustle, and that opened me up to a whole crew of dope artists from NZ including, Julien Dyne, Benny Tones & Ladi6. Now I'm hooked, I want more, I want to go there!

No comments:

Post a Comment